Re: 20040504: libnetcdf.a for o2k's (sgi), 64 bit version!

>To: address@hidden,
>To: address@hidden
>From: Bob Mackey <address@hidden>
>Subject: libnetcdf.a for o2k's (sgi), 64 bit version!

Hi Bob,

> Is there such a beast?  we had one, it built, but never ran right-
> user codes using it got funny/wrong results ---

We'd be interested in the details of how you built it and a small test
example that demonstrates the problem.

Do you need the 64-bit version to work with other 64-bit applications,
or are you really looking for large file support.  If the latter,
there are actually advantages to building a 32-bit version that has
large file support (64-bit file offsets).

I'm currently having some sort of problem getting version 3.5.1 to
build on our IRIX64 platform, so I can't provide much more help at
this time, but I'll respond later with more information when I get
things working again.

> is there any site u know that USES a libnetcdf.a,  64bit version,?

Sorry, I don't know of one.  If we can't build a working 64-bit
version here, it might be worth asking on the netcdfgroup mailing
list.

--Russ