20040429: ncdump behavior on IRIX is different than Linux (cont.)

>From: "Chris Kidd" <address@hidden>

Hi Chris,

re: ncdump behavior is different on your IRIX system
>   Attached is the original netCDF file (*.nc) together with the output
>of ncdump using IRIX and linux (*irixdump.txt and *linuxdump.txt
>respectively). Most of the dump is the same except for the time, elev
>and azim variables.

I dumped the netCDF file you sent along using a 3.5.0 version of ncdump
under both Solaris SPARC 5.9 and IRIX64 6.5.  In both cases I got the
exact same output as the dump you sent along for Linux.  It would
appear, therefore, that you are either using a very old version of
ncdump on your IRIX system, or the executable is producing bad output.

Plesae try downloading a current release of the netCDF, building the
distribution from source, and then rerunning ncdump on the same test
netCDF to see if your problem persists.