20040419: netcdf on opteron

>From: "Wang, Ning" <address@hidden>

Ning,

>I build the netcdf.3.5.1 with intel compiler 8.0 on AMD opteron . I patch fort
>ran/cfortan.h with " intel-f95-patch.txt"
>
>CC=icc
>CXX=icc
>CPPFLAGS="-DINTEL_COMPILER -DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran"
>FLIBS=-Vaxlib
>CFLAGS="-O -mp"
>FC=ifort
>F90=ifort
>#F90FLAGS=" -O -mp -Xlinker -melf_i386"
>FFLAGS=" -O -cm -mp -w95 -dynamics-libcxa"
>
>but the configure fail

In order to better determine why the configure step is failing, we will
need to see the contents of config.log.  Please rerun your compilation
and email us the resultant config.log file:

make distclean
./configure

<email us config.log>

Thanks...

Tom Yoksas

> ./configure
>creating cache ./config.cache
>checking for top-level source-directory
>/home/test/netcdf-3.5.1-new/src
>checking for m4 preprocessor
>checking for m4... m4
>checking m4 flags... -B10000
>checking C compiler "icc"... works
>checking how to make dependencies... false
>checking for icc... icc
>checking C++ compiler "icc"... configure: warning: icc failed on standard C++
> te
>st program
>configure: warning: Could not find working C++ compiler
>configure: warning: Setting CXX to the empty string
>configure: warning: The C++ interface will not be built
>checking how to run the C preprocessor... icc -E
>checking user-defined Fortran-77 compiler "ifort"... works
>checking for Fortran .F compiler...
>checking if Fortran-77 compiler handles *.F files... no
>checking for Fortran preprocessor... icc -E
>checking user-defined Fortran-90 compiler "ifort"... works
>checking for nm utility
>checking for nm... nm
>checking nm flags...
>checking for C-equivalent to Fortran routine "SUB"... sub_
>checking for Fortran "byte"... yes
>checking for Fortran "integer*2"... yes
>checking if Fortran "byte" is C "signed char"... configure: error: Could not l
> in
>k conftestf.o and conftest.o
>

>what 's wrong with above configure option ?
>
>your help will be high appreciated !
>
>WangNing

>From address@hidden  Mon Apr 19 09:38:38 2004

Thanks ! you remind me . at the least , I know what had happended .
The config.log said it cant find the libifort.a, but the file is in
/opt/intel_fc_80/lib

Thanks!
WangNing