Re: NetCDF Editor and netcdf.framework Obj-C framework for MacOSX

>To: address@hidden
>From: Thomas Moore <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040406: NetCDF Editor and netcdf.framework Obj-C framework for
>MacOSX

Hi Tom,

> I contacted you a long time ago about my writing an Objective-C
> framework for NetCDF that uses the original UCAR code.
>
> After a year in legal, I can now distribute the application and
> framework for MacOS X (Argonne Open Source License).  If you're
> interested in the code or software, let me know.

Yes, we would be very interested in the software.  We would also be
interested in a reference or URL to the code, in case you've packaged
it into something you will be maintaining.  I'd like to include an
entry or two in our list of "Software for Manipulating or Displaying
NetCDF Data":

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html

about the Objective-C framework and also about the editor that uses
it.  It might also be worth a posting to the netCDF users mailing list
and an entry in our "What's New with netCDF?" page.

Thanks for your efforts and struggles with the guardians of
intellectual property to make this available to the netCDF community.

--Russ