20040322: problems for configure and install netCDF on AMD64-turbolinux64

>From: "ccsad" <address@hidden>

Sun,

>I have problems while trying to install netCDF on 64-bit turbo linux on AMD
>opteron64,this is 64-32 compatable architecture, the following is the
>information.

>I will appreciate your help!

The problem your output shows is that the Fortran compiler you are
trying to use fails the test for building a simple program:

>checking user-defined Fortran-77 compiler "/usr/pgi/linux86/5.1/pgf90"...
>failed

Without the output from config.log, we can not say why this may be
failing.  Please check to make sure that the Portland Group Fortran
compiler is actually working on your opteron64 system first, and then
run 'make distclean' followed by './configure/'.  Next, if the
configure step still fails on testing pgf90, review the contents of
config.log to see why it is failing.  As soon as we can figure out why
your Fortran compiler is failing configure tests, we will be able to
get you going.

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas