20040316: Linux netCDF build using icc(1) 8.0 & ifort(1) 8.0

Andri,

>Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:39:22 -0800
>From: Andri Arnaldsson <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040316: Linux netCDF build using icc(1) 8.0 & ifort(1) 8.0

> Of course your suggestions helped, they always do.
>
> It compiled, without any serious problems it seems. I
> did make a couple of small changes though, I set
> FFLAGS as "-O -mp -cm -w95 -static-libcxa" because
> the compiler wouldn't recognize the -dynamic option
> and I didn't find anything about it in the man pages.
> I also didn't set FLIBS as -Vaxlib.

You might be able to use the "-dynamic-libcxa" option if you add the
the pathname of the directory that contains the CXA library to the
environment variable LD_LIBRARY.

I'd wondered about "-Vaxlib".  Unfortunately, we don't have a Linux
system with the icc(1) and ifort(1) compilers, so we can't be certain
what the options need to be.

> I have attached all the .log files.

They look good.

> cheers,