20040316: Problem building netCDF library using intel ifort(1)

Sebastien,

>Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:22:48 +0100
>From: Sebastien THEETTEN <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040312: Problem building netCDF library using intel ifort(1)

> Thank for your help !
> I guess I succeed in building the netCDF library using intel ifort.
> So, I let you know the modifications I brought if it can help someone else.

> My first test used ifort 8.0.034
> I have downloaded, installed and patched the ifort 8.0.039
> But, I get exactly the same error, and specially the error with the
> "-dynamic-libcxa" option

> I replace -dynamic-libcxa by -static-libcxa
> setenv FFLAGS "-O -mp -static-libcxa -cm -w95"
>
> And it works better but still error with libcxa.so.5 not found

> I add
> setenv LD_LIBRARY /opt/intel_fc_80/lib
>
> And it works more better !

That was crucial!  Apparently, the ifort(1) compiler doesn't know where
its runtime libraries are.

> I think everything is allright now with the 2 modifications. But, I have
> some error message in my log files.

I didn't see any significant problems.

> Maybe it is not important and it is expected that there are some errors
> specially in the config.log

The file "config.log" is expected to have error messages.

> Could you confirm that everything is sorrect ?

Everything looks good.  Congratulations and good luck!

> A. uname -a
> Linux kaaba 2.4.20-8smp #1 SMP Thu Mar 13 17:45:54 EST 2003 i686 i686
> i386 GNU/Linux
>
> B. file VERSION
> 3.5.1
>
> C. The file "macros.make"
> See attached file
>
> D. The absolute pathnames of all compilers
>
> [theetten@kaaba ~]$ which ifort
> /opt/intel_fc_80/bin/ifort
> [theetten@kaaba ~]$ which gcc
> /usr/bin/gcc