20040310:netcdf libraries for pgf90 compiler on a 64-bit processor

Will,

> To: address@hidden
> From: Will Cheng <address@hidden>
> Subject: netcdf libraries for pgf90 compiler on a 64-bit processor

> I am having problems compiling the netcdf libraries in linux
> w/ pgf90 compiler on a 64-bit processor. I had the same problem
> too w/ the 32-bit processor 2 years ago, and I got the libraries
> from a friend. So, the problems were never really resolved.

There appears to be a bug in the version 5 Fortran-90 compiler from
Portland Group which causes the "make test" of the Fortran-90 interface
to fail.

Unfortunately, we don't have a PG version 5 Fortran-90 compiler, so we
can't yet investigate the problem.

> On a compaq f90 compiler, it worked fine. But, pgf90 is tricky.

I'd say "buggy".

> I was wondering if you could send the libraries that were
> compiled w/ pgf90 on a 64-bit processor.

Sorry.  We don't have the necessary system, so we can't make the
library.

You might try posting to the netCDF mailing-list.

> Thanks. --- Will

Regards,
Steve Emmerson