Re: 20040306: build netcdf 3.5.1 on my Mac running OS 10.3.2

>To: address@hidden
>From: Robert Pincus <address@hidden>

Hi Robert,

> I'd like to build netcdf 3.5.1 on my Mac running OS 10.3.2  with the
> spiffy new IBM  xlf compilers. I know I can do so with the Absoft
> compiler (I have done), but I understand that the IBM compiler make
> much faster code, so I want to compile my numerical codes with xlf, but
> it won't link against module built with the absoft compile.
>
> So - I've configured environment variables to set up CC=gcc, F90=xlf90,
> FC=xlf, F90FLAGS=-qsuffix=cpp=f90. I get as far as building the fortran
> subdirectory, and then it croaks - cfortran.h doesn't have my
> definitions in it, apparently. Is there another environment variable I
> should set? I'm not sure how to interpret all the stuff in cfortran.h.

Try:

            Environment Variable        String
            CPPFLAGS                    -DIBMR2Fortran
            F90FLAGS                    -qsuffix=f=f90

For more details, see:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/msgout?/glimpse/netcdf/5477

Please let us know if this works.  Thanks!

--Russ