20040301: NetCDF on x86_64 system using pgf90

Francisco,

> To: address@hidden
> From: Francisco Pagan <address@hidden>
> Subject: NetCDF Install

> I am Francisco E. Pagan a post-doc working at DMS at
> PR. Used and installed NetCDF before for an IRIX. Now
> using a AMD-64 Cluster and failing to install with pgi
> compiler.

The "test.log" file that you sent didn't contain any error messages.
It could be that the standard error stream of the "make test" was not
redirected to the "test.log" output file ALONG WITH the standard output
stream.  If this is the case, then would you please re-execute the "make
test" and send me the correct output?  Thanks.

Just to let you know, there appears to be a bug in version 5 of
the pgf90 compiler on x86_64 systems.  If you search the netCDF
support-email database with the term "pgf90;x86_64" I'm sure you'll find
some relevant email.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson