20040115: interface module installation - typesizes.mod

Ron,

> To: address@hidden
> From: Ron McTaggart-Cowan <address@hidden>
> Subject: f90 interface module installation - typesizes.mod

> Hi - I'm just wondering why the netcdf package doesn't install the f90
> module typeSizes.f90 to $(INCDIR) --- since netcdf.mod use-associates
> typesizes, I wind up with a broken installation on a Linux Fedora
> system with Portland Group compilers (super easily fixed by copying
> typsizes.mod into my installation include directory).

It should not be necessary to install the "typesizes.mod" file in an
installation directory.  That file is not intended to be visible outside
the netCDF implementation and it should not be required to exist by the
netCDF runtime.

Please explain how your resulting installation is "broken".

Regards,
Steve Emmerson