Re: 20031218: compiling net-cdf for MacOS-X

>To: address@hidden
>From: Irina Strigo <address@hidden>
>Subject: compiling net-cdf

Hi Irina,

> I am trying to compile net-cdf for mac OS X, and having some
> difficulties. When during the compilation, the 'strstream.h' header
> file is not found. Am I doing something wrong, or is it missing from
> the archive?

No, I think you will need to use the latest netCDF beta release:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.Z

which has fixes for some problems, including updates to the C++
interface for more recent C++ compilers.  Just follow the instructions
in the INSTALL document, which includes several examples of
environment variable settings for Mac OS X:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL.html#macosx

If it still doesn't work, please send details to address@hidden
as described in the "Reporting Problems" section of the INSTALL
document:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL.html#ReportingProblems

If you are familiar with "fink":

  http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/users-guide/index.php

you can also use it to install the latest netCDF on Mac OS X:

  http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/netcdf

Thanks.

--Russ

address@hidden          http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ