20031209: incorrect binary?

>From: rupert <address@hidden>

Rupert,

>>>Your irix64_6.5-mips binary bundle appears to be 32 bit rather
>>>than 64 bit. Building from source as per your instructions works
>>>perfectly.
>>

>> Which package are you talking about (we support a number of packages
>> with binary distributions)?
>
>I was talking about netcdf and in particular, the irix64_6.5-mips
>link on http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/binaries.html.

OK.  I don't believe that the binary was ever supposed to be a 64-bit
version.  The naming convention for our FTP directories for binary
distributions (and, correspondingly the links in the web pages) is
taken from the output of 'uname'.  It is unfortunate that the name of
the OS IRIX64 tends to convey the impression that binaries are 64-bit
when using this naming scheme.

>Sorry about being too vague before

No worries.