20031115: query on BUFR to NetCDF conversion.

>From: Arindam Ghosh <address@hidden>

Arindam,

>  It's arindam from Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India. I've a
>question: Is it possible to convert BUFR to NetCDF data format? If yes
>please let know how can I do it?

While I am sure that it is possible to convert data stored in BUFR format
to netCDF, we have no such utility for doing so.

>Looking forward for your reply.

A quick Google (tm) search using 'netCDF bufr' as search keys shows
one article that may be of use for you:

http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:u1ol2UgJKv0J:www-argo.ucsd.edu/Doc2.4_BUFR.pdf+netcdf+bufr&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Best of luck in your endeavors.

>Regards,
>Arindam
>--
>Arindam Ghosh
>Senior Research Fellow
>Electronics and Communication Sciences Unit
>Indian Statistical Institute,203, B.T. Road
>Calcutta:700108,West Bengal, India

Tom Yoksas