20031107:problems compiling shared library libnetcdf.so on Itanium 2

Lars,

>Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 09:51:08 -0700
>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: 20031107:problems compiling shared library libnetcdf.so on Itanium 2

> Following the instructions on
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html#intel-ifc
> I could compile the netcdf package (V3.5.0). However, I need the shared
> object library libnetcdf.so, which does not get created. I tried the
> instruction on
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/msgout?/glimpse/netcdf/1719 but I
> wasn't successful. I also tried
>
> gcc -shared libnetcdf.a -o libnetcdf.so
>
> but the resulting library does not contain all symbols (especially
> ncopts)
>
> Attached are all results from the compilation and system details.
>
> I hope you can help me! Thanks a lot!

I'm afraid that we don't have the resouces necessary to solve the
problem on generating a shared library (which we don't support) on a
platform that we don't have.

I suggest that you consider posting an inquiry to the netcdfgroup
mailing-list <address@hidden>.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson