Re: 20031007: netCDF header-module install

>Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:24:40 -0400
>From: Huisheng Bian <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20031007: netCDF header-module install

Huisheng Bian,

> I'm sorry to bother you again. I've got a GNU c++ compiler and set my CXX
> as /app/gnu/bin/c++. However, a problem of missing a file is reported in
> make.log when I run make. Why I can't find sstream (see make.log in the
> attachment)? Thanks.

In the current distribution, there is an

 #include <sstream>

statement that requires a standard-conforming C++ compiler.  This
replaces the deprecated

 #include <strstream.h>

that was previously used.  It sounds like you need to either update
your C++ compiler to something that can handle the current standard or
use an older version of the netCDF C++ interface that used the older
headers, such as version 3.5.0.

--Russ

address@hidden          http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ