20030929: netcdf installation problem

Florence,

>Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:01:41 +0200
>From: "Florence Troude" <address@hidden>
>To: "'Steve Emmerson'" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: 20030926: netcdf installation problem

> Here is the macros.make file
> Bests,
> Florence
> # $Id: macros.make.in,v 1.32 2001/03/13 17:41:33 steve Exp $
> # Compilation:
> CC            = /usr/bin/gcc
> CXX           =
> FC            =
> F90           =
> CFLAGS                = -o
> CXXFLAGS      = -o

I made a mistake.  The above does contain a problem.  The option "-o"
in the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS macros will cause severe problems during
compilation.  It is likely that the environment variables CFLAGS and
CXXFLAGS contained the string "-o" when the configure script was
executed.  Did you want the "-O" option instead?

Please try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory of the netCDF package.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5, which are described near the end of
        the file INSTALL.html.

    3.  Ensure that the environment variables CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS do NOT
        contain the string "-o".

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9, which are described near the end of
        the file INSTALL.html.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson