20030914: A netCDF problem

>From: Khosro Ash <address@hidden>

Khosro,

>At first I apologize for my Delly with answering your
>mail because last weak I was in a journey and I could
>not answer your mail.

This is not a problem.

>For my problem I have attached "Config.log" file. If
>it is possible for you see the attached and tell me
>what has gone wrong.

Unfortunately, config.log did not show any problems.  Can you rerun the
configure step from the beginning and provide the various log output
detailed in the troubleshooting section of the netCDF web page.  To
start, do a 'make distclean'.  This will wipe all output from previous
build attempts so we can start from a known place.

The process to follow as detailed in

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/INSTALL.html)

is:

- Read the INSTALL document -- especially the examples and commentary
  relevant to your system.
- Go to the top-level netCDF source directory, src/ (the directory
  containing the VERSION file).
- Execute the command "make distclean". Don't worry if it fails.
- Remove the file "config.cache" if it exists.
- Set your environment variables as described above.
- Re-execute the configure script. Redirect its standard output and
  standard error to the file "configure.log". If this step fails -- which
  is indicated by error messages (not warnings) in "configure.log"
  (not "config.log") -- then stop and send items A through F below to
  <address@hidden>.
- Execute the command "make". Redirect its standard output and standard
  error to the file "make.log". If this step fails, then stop and send
  items A through G below to <address@hidden>.
- Execute the command "make test". Redirect its standard output and
  standard error to the file "test.log". If this step fails, then stop
  and send items A through H below to <address@hidden>.
- Execute the command "make install". Redirect its standard output and
  standard error to the file "install.log". If this step fails, then stop
  and send items A through I below to <address@hidden>.

The things we will need to help troubleshoot your problem are:

- The standard output of the command "uname -a".
- The contents of the file VERSION, which is in the top-level source
  directory.
- The file "macros.make", which is created in the top-level source directory
  by the configure script during step 6 above.
- The absolute pathnames of all compilers (C, Fortran, C++) used in the build
  process if they are not in the file "macros.make" (use the type(1) or
  which(1) utility to determine this).
- The file "configure.log" from step 6 above.
- The file "config.log", which is created in the top-level source directory
  by the configure script during step 6 above.
- The file "make.log" from step 7 above.
- The file "test.log" from step 8 above.
- The file "install.log" from step 9 above.

>For your interest the bellow text is about Tehran and
>I have attached a zip file, "picture.zip", which
>includes some beautiful pictures from Tehran.

Thank you for the pictures of Tehran.  I can tell you that it has
changed more than I could have imagined since I lived there in
1955-1958.  It is funny: my memories of Iran seem fresh and vivid.
Doing the math, however, I am reminded that this was 48 years ago.  How
time flies!

Tom