Re: 20030903: Successful build of netcdf with fortran 90 on OS X

>To: address@hidden
>From: Eric Salathe <address@hidden>
>Subject: Successful build of netcdf with fortran 90 on OS X

Hi Eric,

> I've been successful in building netcdf with all fortran 90 features on
> Macintosh OS X 10.2 using the NAG f95 compiler. make test runs
> successfully through all tests.
>
> Here is what I did:

Thanks very much for providing the changes you needed to make to build
in this environment.  I've added an entry about your changes to our
"Other Builds of the netCDF Package" page at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html

You didn't mention which netCDF version you used, so I put it under
3.5.1-beta13, but I don't think the changes you made were
version-dependent, and might work as well on earlier beta releases.
Please let me know if this assumption is wrong.

Also, I assume the .F.o rule you came up with to handle the case
insensitivity of Mac OS X is something that will work on other
platforms as well, so I'll eventually try to incorporate it into the
released version of 3.5.1.

--Russ