20030815: netCDF build on RH 7.2 using pgf90: #error "cfortran.h

Tianfu,

> To: address@hidden
> From: "Li tianfu" <address@hidden>
> Subject: help!

> I have some problems on install netCDF 3.5,my system is Red Hat Linux 7.2
> with PGI pgf90.In this environment I can run MMM5 very well.For the purpose
> of  install netCDF3.5 ,I have set the environment varile like this
> FC=/usr/pgi/linux86/bin/pgf90.the appendix is configure.log and
> make.log,please give me some advice.
>
> Email:address@hidden

> Making `all' in directory /home/ltf/netcdf/netcdf-3.5.0/src/fortran
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ltf/netcdf/netcdf-3.5.0/src/fortran'
> cc -c -O -I../libsrc  -DNDEBUG fort-attio.c
> In file included from ncfortran.h:13,
>                  from fort-attio.c:6:
> cfortran.h:134:3: #error "cfortran.h:  Can't find your environment among:
> - M
> IPS cc and f77 2.0. (e.g. Silicon Graphics, DECstations, ...)         - IBM
> AIX

You must define a certain C macro in the CPPFLAGS environment variable
before executing the configure script in order to tell the C compiler
what Fortran-calling conventions to use.

Please try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.html

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable CPPFLAGS contains the
        string "-DpgiFortran", e.g.,

            export CPPFLAGS=-DpgiFortran

        or

            setenv CPPFLAGS -DpgiFortran

        depending on your user-shell.

    4.  Perform steps 5 through 9 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.html

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson