20030812: netcdf f90 64-bit module on HP UX 11

Michael,

>Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:44:15 +0200
>From: Michael Arndt <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20030812: netcdf f90 64-bit module on HP UX 11

> Should not the Environment Variables for the be active
> for the f90 Compiler Call ?

The compiler /opt/fortran90/bin/f90 doesn't use any of the environment
variables that control the building of the netCDF package.  The manual
page of the compiler shows the environment variables that it does use.

> Ale Environment Vars are exported see below
>
> See below all Environment Vars were set when my shell Skript calls
> f90 to compile the testnetcdf.f90 ??
>
> I just took my build script for netcdf libs and subsituted the
> last part to build the test program.
> Its a download from the netcdf f90 web page

If your file "testnetcdf.f90" is the same as the file "netcdf_test.f90"
on the netCDF Fortran-90 webpage at

    http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/f90/index.html

then your file is the same file as "src/f90/netcdf_test.f90" in the
netCDF distribution: the webpage-file and the distribution-file are
identical.  If so, then you already successfully executed the test
program when you executed the "make test" command of the netCDF
distribution.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson