20030722: netCDF General - Linux - Downloading the netCDF software

>From: "Jorge Willemsen" <address@hidden>

Hi Jorge,

>Institution: University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atm Sci
>Package Version: Unknown
>Operating System: Linux
>Hardware Information: PC
>Inquiry:

>I have followed the links on the ucar.edu website to try to download
>the netCDF software for use with Linux on my PC and can't seem to find the
>actual download button.  Please instruct.

It might be easier for you to FTP the netCDF distribution:

ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
  <user> anonymous
  <pass> address@hidden
  cd pub/netcdf
  binary
  get netcdf.tar.Z              <- currently a link to netcdf-3.5.0.tar.Z
  quit

If you are looking for a binary distribution for your Linux machine,
you would go to the pub/binary/linux_2.2-i686 directory and grab
netcdf-3.5.0.tar.Z from there.

Tom Yoksas