20030722: problems installation netcdf

Laetitia,

>Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:47:00 +0200
>From: address@hidden
>To: address@hidden
>Subject:
>=?iso-8859-1?q?R=E9f=2E_=3A_20030722=3A_problems=5Finstallation=5Fnetcdf?==?us-ascii?q?=5F3?=

> In the file you'll find what is in the file make.log and what is written on
> the screen when I execute make.
> Thanks
> Laetitia Toutain
> (See attached file: make.log)

> Making `all' in directory /users/air/NETCDF3.5BETA/netcdf-3.5.0/src/libsrc
>
>       c89 -c  -I.   attr.c
> *** Error code 2 (bu21)
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)
>

> #at the screen
>
> $ make > make.log
> No such feature exists (-5,116)
>
>  This product (cc) requires a license password.
>  For license installation and trouble shooting
>  information visit the web page:
>
>          http://www.sgi.com/Support/Licensing/install_docs.html
>
>  To obtain a Permanent license (proof of purchase
>  required) or an Evaluation license please
>  visit our license request web page:
>
>          http://www.sgi.com/Products/license.html
>
>          or send a blank email message to:
>
>          address@hidden
>
>  In North America, Silicon Graphics' customers may request
>  Permanent licenses by sending a facsimile to:
>
>          (650) 390-0537
>
>          or by calling our technical support hotline
>
>          1-800-800-4SGI
>
>  If you are Outside of North America or you are not a Silicon
>  Graphics support customer then contact your local support provider.

My first advice to you would be to obtain a license so that the above
messages don't obscure the actual problem.

> cc-1084 c89: ERROR File = /usr/include/stddef.h, Line = 37
>   The indicated declaration has an invalid combination of type specifiers.
>
>   typedef int   ptrdiff_t;
>                 ^
>
> cc-1084 c89: ERROR File = /usr/include/sys/types.h, Line = 222
>   The indicated declaration has an invalid combination of type specifiers.
>
>   typedef int    ssize_t;
>                  ^
>
> 2 errors detected in the compilation of "attr.c".

The above two errors should not have occurred.  The fact that they did
indicates a severe problem with your comilation environment.  I suggest
that you show these errors to your system administrator or whomever is
responsible for the compilation environment on your system.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson