Re: 20030721:F90 interface by Robert Pincus: Source available without install?

>To: address@hidden
>From: Peter Paul Smolka <address@hidden>
>Subject: F90 interface by Robert Pincus: Source available without install?

Hi Peter,

> to get cam/csm running under Windows, comparable to ccm3.6,
> I need the netcdf.inc for Fortran, this time Fortran90.
>
> The web-based information says that this file (the new interface by
> Robert Pincus) forms as part of the installation procedure.
>
> This is, as seen, generally AIX or related (not Windows etc.).
>
> Thus the question: Can you e-mail this netcdf.inc (the F90 version)
> for me: address@hidden
>
> Putting that file explicitely on the web or into the manuals
> (cut and paste, also for the users) is helpful.

There is no "netcdf.inc" file for the Fortran90 interface, it instead
uses a module file "netcdf.mod" that is generated by the compiler when
building the Fortran90 library.  The Fortran90 interface uses the
"netcdf.inc" file that is part of the Fortran77 interface (supplied in
the src/fortran/ directory), because the Fortran90 interface just
calls the Fortran77 interface (which calls the C interface).

So all the source for the Fortran90 interface is included in the
latest netCDF source distribution, available from:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.Z

All the source for the Fortran90 interface is also included in the
older general release source distribution of netcdf 3.5.0:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z

Please let us know if this information does not answer your question.

--Russ

address@hidden                      http://my.unidata.ucar.edu