Re: pycdf: new python interface to netCDF

>To: address@hidden
>From: address@hidden
>Subject: pycdf: new python interface to netCDF

Hi André Gosselin,

Thanks very much for developing your pycdf software and sending an
announcement to address@hidden.  I would like to announce
send your announcement to that list, if you would rather it be from
you.

I would also like to add a link to your
ftp://nordet.qc.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/soft/pycdf/ site to our entry about
Python interfaces to netCDF at:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html#Python

where we describe two other Python interfaces to netCDF, one of them
using that also makes array variables look like NumPy arrays.  Is
there any comparison or guidelines you could provide for when pycdf
should be used instead of one of the other two interfaces?

Thanks again for your efforts on behalf of the community of netCDF
users!

--Russ

address@hidden                      http://my.unidata.ucar.edu