20030708: 32-bit netCDF library for IRIX 6.5

>From: "Bhavani Balasubramaniyan" <address@hidden>

Bhavani,

>Can you direct me to a site from where I can download 32-bit NetCDF
>library:
>libnetcdf.a for SGI/IRIX version 6.5 please?
>
>The one in your site for IRIX is a 64-bit version ..and we need 32-bit
>version.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

Since we don't have a pre-built 32 bit version of libnetcdf.a for
IRIX 6.5, the best thing for you to do would be to build the library
from source on your platform.  This is not difficult, and it should
take you little time.  The directions for building the netCDF can
be found in:

Unidata HomePage
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu
  Software
  http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/index.html
    netCDF
    http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/index.html
      Installation instructions
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL.html

In particular, you should make sure that you have needed environment
variables set before you run 'configure'.  The following is a list
of Unix environment variables that we used on IRIX 6.5 to test a
32-bit build:

CC=/bin/c89
CPPFLAGS=-DNDEBUG
CFLAGS='-O -o32'
FC=/bin/f77
FFLAGS='-O -o32 -nocpp'
CXX=/bin/CC
CXXFLAGS='-O -o32'
FPP='/bin/cc -E'

The advantage of building from source is that you will be assured that
the build you have is exactly what you need.

>Thanks,
>-------
>bhavani
>address@hidden