Re: 20030530:netCDF MAIN

>To: address@hidden
>From: Dmitry Chalikov <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF

Hi Dmitry,

> I downloaded in my new Unix workstation
>
>     * NetCDF for Fortran 90
>       <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/f90/index.html>
>
>  from http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf
>
> but it seems that all routines there have the names nf90*
> Besides, it gives message:
>                         test_nc.o(.text+0x10): multiple definition of
> 'MAIN'
>                         cam.o  :first defined here
>                         /usr/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol 'MAIN'
> changed from...
> Why two 'MAINs' and where I can get the right version of NetCDF?

The Fortran90 interface is included, along with the C, C++, and
Fortran 77 library interfaces, as part of netCDF 3.5.  You don't need
to download a separate Fortran90 library.  The latest released version
is 3.5.0, and there is also a fairly well-tested beta release version
3.5.1-beta10 that I would recommend.  You can get the source
distributions from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z
or
  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.Z

Just follow the instructions for building on your platform:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL.html

--Russ

address@hidden                      http://my.unidata.ucar.edu