20030527: RedHat 9.0 install: using g77 & pfg90

Chen,

>Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 02:12:20 +0800
>From: <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: Netcdf install RedHat 9.0,help:)

> Thank you for your kindly help. I followed the instructions you gave
>me last time to compile the NetCDF-3.5.0, it did work. I tried make,
>no problem; but when I tried make test, question arose.
>
> <my OS: RedHat 9.0>
> <F90 compiler: Porland Group Fortran 4.0(evaluation)>
>
> The steps I did as follows: <Redirect output files
> (configurator.log/make.log/test.log) are sent as accessories.>
>
> [root@localhost home]# tar -xpf netcdf.tar
> [root@localhost home]# cd netcdf-3.5.0/src/
> [root@localhost src]# export CC=/usr/bin/gcc
> [root@localhost src]# export CFLAGS="-O"
> [root@localhost src]# export FC=/usr/bin/g77
> [root@localhost src]# export FFLAGS="-O -Wno-globals"
> [root@localhost src]# export CXX=/usr/bin/g++
> [root@localhost src]# export CPPFLAGS="-Df2cFortran"
> [root@localhost src]# export F90=/usr/pgi/linux86/bin/pgf90
> [root@localhost src]# export F90FLAGS="-O"
> [root@localhost src]# ./configure >configure.log

I see from the above that you're using both g77(1) and pgf90(1).
This will cause problems because the two compilers have different
argument-passing conventions.  I suggest that you either don't build
the Fortran-90 interface or use pgf90 to build both the Fortran-77 and
Fortran-90 interfaces.

To NOT build the Fortran-90 interface, perform steps 3 through 5
described near the end of the file INSTALL.html and use the following
environment variable settings:

    export FC=/usr/bin/g77
    export FFLAGS="-O -Wno-globals"
    export F90=""               # causes Fortran-90 interface to be ignored
    export CPPFLAGS="-DNDEBUG -Df2cFortran"
    export CC=/usr/bin/gcc
    export CFLAGS="-O"
    export CXX=/usr/bin/g++

Then Perform steps 6 through 9.

To use only the pgf90 Fortran compiler, perform steps 3 through 5
described near the end of the file INSTALL.html and use the following
environment variable settings:

    export FC=/usr/pgi/linux86/bin/pgf90        # for both 77 & 90 interfaces
    export FFLAGS="-O -w"                       # different from above!
    export CPPFLAGS="-DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran"     # different from above!
    export CC=/usr/bin/gcc
    export CFLAGS="-O"
    export CXX=/usr/bin/g++

Then Perform steps 6 through 9.