Re: 20030514:NetCDF 3.5.0 Build Problem: C++ Language error in configure test

>To: address@hidden
>From: Simon Clift <address@hidden>
>Subject: NetCDF 3.5.0 Build Problem: C++ Language error in configure test

Hi Simon,

> I've had a small build problem with NetCDF 3.5.0.
> My C++ compiler is registered as not functioning
> unless a small change is made to the configuration
> file aclocal.m4 in the netcdf-3.5.0/src directory:
>
> aclocal.m4
> 178c178
> <                                   cout << "";
> ---
> >                                   std::cout << "";
>
> Apparently under newer C++ compiler the old cout
> has to be referred to as std::cout on the short
> test case.
>
> Perhaps this is something to consider fixing for
> the next release.

Yes, thanks, that change and others to bring the C++ interface up to
date are incorporated in the current netCDF beta release, which is
available from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.Z

The beta release has a few other changes as well, which you can read
about in the beta release notes:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/RELEASE-NOTE-beta

--Russ

address@hidden                      http://my.unidata.ucar.edu