20030507: netCDF installation

Zahra,

> To: <address@hidden>
> From: "Zahra Bouya" <address@hidden>
> Subject: netcdf library installation

> I read the INSTALL document and tried to install the netcdf library.I'm =
> still having  problems with the installation "I'm confused at the stage =
> of "config". could you please help me on how to install it.

I can help, but I need to know the details of the problem.  Use your web
browser to look at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL.html

(This is also the file "INSTALL.html", which is in the top-level source
directory of the netCDF package.)  Go to the "Reporting Problems"
section near the end of the page.  What number step is confusing you?

> My main purpuse it to read netcdf data, if I have the file libnetcdf.a =
> can I use it without installing the netcdf?

As I described in my previous email, you will, in general, also need the
files "netcdf.h" and "netcdf.inc".  Besides being part of the netCDF
source distribution, these file are also part of the prebuilt netCDF
binary distributions.  If you can get a prebuilt binary distribution
that is compatible with your computer system, then you can use it as
I described in my previous email.  Prebuilt binary distributions are
available at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/binaries.html

> thank you in advance
> Zahra Bouya