Re: netCDF4 announcement

Rob,

I concur with Mike Folk in welcoming your generous offer to
collaborate on this project and share ideas.

On a related subject, do you think your current parallel netCDF is in
a state that could be disclosed to users who are currently
encountering I/O bottlenecks with netCDF on parallel platforms?

Even though it's not a 1.0 release version yet, I think there are
others who would like to know about it and might be able to help in
providing feedback about its usefulness.

When you think it's ready for testing/evaluation by some friendly
users, I suggest either announcing it to the
address@hidden mailing list or providing a brief entry
for the "What's New with netCDF?" page at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/whatsnew.html

In either case, I'd be happy to assist in getting the news out about
your parallel interface.  I remember getting some very insightful bug
fixes from Jianwei Li last year:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/aglimpse/70?query=Jianwei+Li&case=on&errors=0&maxfiles=10

that we have since incorporated into our netCDF 3.5.1beta10 release,
and learning about this project clears up the mystery about how he
found those bugs!

--Russ

address@hidden                      http://my.unidata.ucar.edu