Re: reading netcdf

Alexander,

>Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 18:42:43 +0300
>From: "Alexander Krasilnikov" <address@hidden>
>To: <address@hidden>
>Subject: reading netcdf

> Using program 'dump' I have read contents of my 'nc' file and full data =
> set of any variable.
>
> Thank you.=20
>
> But I would like to receive the selective (not full) three-dimensional =
> array data=20
>
> of some variable (for example, temperature on definite height level, =
> latitude and longitude).
>
> Prompt me, please, what should I do?
>
> Yours sincerely Vitaly Ryskin.

You have two options:

    1.  Install a software package that can extract, manipulate, and
        (possibly) display the data in which you are interested.  A list
        of such packages can be found at

            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html

    2.  Write a program that does what you want.  Unfortunately, I don't
        have the time to teach you how to do this.  Fortunately, other
        resources are available:

        A.  The netCDF-3 User's Guide for C and Fortran:

                http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/docs.html

        B.  netCDF interfaces for the Java, Perl, Ruby, MATLAB, Python
            languages can be found at

                http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/index.html

        C.  Inquiries can be posted to the netCDF mailing-list: