Re: netCDF and CodeWarrior

>To: address@hidden
>From: "John A.  Dutton" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20030217: netCDF and CodeWarrior

Hi John,

> But I am encountering problems with incorporating netCDF routines in
> CodeWarrior C for Mac OS 10.2.  My version of netCDf is the 3.5.1
> installed on my machine by fink.  When I follow the example in the C
> netCDF guide 4.6 Compiling and Linking the NetCDF Library my test
> program works out fine on the command line.
>
> But in CodeWarrior, I cannot seem to effect the link to the libraries
> which gcc on the command line does in the example with the -L
> reference to the library file libnetcdf.a (in my case, because of
> fink) in /sw/lib).  Despite the claims in the CodeWarrior
> documentation, it will not allow me to add these files directly, and
> adding a user-defined path to /sw/bin does not do the job either.
>
> Clearly, I am doing something wrong.  Since I suspect you have
> encountered this difficulty before, I hope you can provide a solution.

Sorry, but we only have the gcc/g++/g77 compilers for testing under
Mac OS X.  I haven't used Code Warrior in several years, so don't
remember how to tell it where to look for libraries.  I seem to
remember being able to just drag and drop a binary library into a
Project.

If you can't find any other way, you might try copying the library
libnetcdf.a into /usr/local/lib/ or into /usr/lib/ to see if
CodeWarrior can find it there.

--Russ