Re: 20030130: Build problems with g++ 3.2.1 of netcdf 3.50

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Bill Cassanova" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Build problems with g++ 3.2.1 of netcdf 3.50

Hi Bill,

> Wondering if you have had any reported problems compiling the new netcdf 3.5.0
> with the g++ 3.2.1 compiler?
>
> I get the following errors:
>
> In file included from netcdf.cpp:12:
> netcdfcpp.h:157:
> friend declaration requires class-key, i.e. `friend class
>    NcFile'
> netcdfcpp.h:360: friend declaration requires class-key, i.e. `friend class
>                  NcFile'
> netcdfcpp.h:391: friend declaration requires class-key, i.e. `friend class
>                                         NcFile'
>
> I also received some errors in ncvalues.cpp related to ostream flags.
>
> I have attached the two files as I fixed them and got them to compile.
> Caution....Untested but should work fine.
>
> (See attached file: fixes.tar.gz)

Yes, we have incorporated fixes for gcc/g++ 3.x into the current
netCDF 3.5.1 beta distribution, available from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.Z

Please let us know if you discover the need for any additional fixes.  Thanks.

--Russ