Re: 20030129: Problems installing netcdf

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Felipe Roque" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Problems installing netcdf

Hi Felipe,

> My name is Felipe and I'm having problems when I try to install netcdf. Below
> I send some informations:

> jupiter% more configure.log
> configure:1085: checking C compiler "c89"
> configure:1094: c89 -c -O -DNDEBUG conftest.c 1>&5
> sh-56 /opt/ctl/bin/c89[322]: /opt/ctl/CC/CC/bin/c89: not found.
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 1087 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
>
> int main() {
> ; return 0; }

The above shows configure is trying to find the C compiler in
"/opt/ctl/CC/CC/bin/c89", but it is actually in "/opt/ctl/bin/c89".
This probably resulted from setting the CC environment variable, which
is supposed to specify where the C compiler is, to the wrong path.
Try deleting the config.cache file, running "make clean", and then
rerunning the "configure" script after setting the CC variable to
point to the c89 compiler.

If you are using csh or tcsh, you would do this using the "setenv"
command, for example:

 % setenv CC /opt/ctl/bin/c89

or even just

 % setenv CC c89

if that's where it will be found with your PATH set properly.

Also, you may want to look at this note:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html#cray-sv1

to see that a user in Germany has already built the netCDF libraries
for Unicos 10.0.0.6 on the Cray SV1 and has made the binaries
available.

--Russ