20030113: netCDF library link problem: missing f77 interface

Ashish,

>Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:09:03 -0500
>From: ashish arora <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: 20030113: netCDF library link problem: missing f77 interface

> It seems that all the steps required to install are working fine now.
>
> I ran "pmake test" and it ran successfully.Now I need my program odbtest to
> run successfully.
>
> DO I need to make any changes over at that point in the other folder, where
> odbtest exists for my program to run successfully.I mean any changes related
> to libnetcdf.a or something which would help my program run successfully.

If the build (i.e. "make") of the netCDF package and its installation
(i.e. "make install") were successful, then you should only need to

    1.  Reference the netCDF header-file when you compile your
        netCDF-using program, e.g.

            cc -c -I/opt/netcdf/include ...

and

    2.  Reference the netCDF library when you link your netCDF-using
        program, e.g.

            ld ... -L/opt/netcdf/lib -lnetcdf

Regards,