Re: 20030107: netCDF software listing for Panoply

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Robert B. Schmunk" <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF software listings

Hi Robert,

> I have a new entry for the Unidata webpage which lists freely available
> netCDF software,
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html
>
> The app is called Panoply and is available at
> http://www.giss.nasa.gov/tools/panoply/
>
> Panoply is a Java application (JDK 1.3+) which plots raster images
> of global latitude-longitude gridded data. Features include:
>
> * Slice specific lat-lon arrays from larger multidimensional arrays.
> * Menu of 20 map projections
> * Two arrays may be combined in one plot by differencing, summing or
>    averaging.
> * Continents information may be included as mask-overlays or as
>    drawn outlines.
> * Plots may be saved to disk in either PNG or GIF format.
>
> Note: Although Panoply is written in Java and theoretically
> cross-platform, it has so far (2003-01-07) only received thorough
> testing on Mac OS X. It has received only minimal testing on other
> platforms.
>
> Questions and suggestions should be directed to Robert Schmunk
> at address@hidden

Thanks for developing this, making it available, and sending us
information about it.  In addition to adding an entry to the list of
freely available netCDF software at:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html#Panoply

I hope you don't mind that I've also added a short announcement about
it to the "What's New with NetCDF?" web page:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/whatsnew.html

Please let me know if you want anything added to the short entry, or
if you would rather I change the other entry in any way.

And on behalf of the netCDF user community, thanks again for your
contribution!  Your name has also been added to the netCDF Credits
page:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/credits.html

--Russ