20030107:unresolved Netcdf symbols building POM2K

Kieran,

> To: <address@hidden>
> From: "Kieran O'Driscoll" <address@hidden>
> Subject: Netcdf errors with POM2K

> I am trying to run POM2K (using NetCDF) on a PC using Digital Fortran.  =
> I get 9 errors of the same type as follows :
>
> obj7D0.tmp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _NF_DEF_VAR@28
> obj7D0.tmp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol =
> _NF_PUT_ATT_TEXT@28
> obj7D0.tmp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _NF_STRERROR@12
> obj7D0.tmp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _NF_CREATE@16
> obj7D0.tmp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _NF_DEF_DIM@20
> obj7D0.tmp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _NF_ENDDEF@4
> obj7D0.tmp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol =
> _NF_PUT_VAR_REAL@12
> obj7D0.tmp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol =
> _NF_PUT_VARA_REAL@20
> obj7D0.tmp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _NF_CLOSE@4
> pom2k.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 9 unresolved externals
>
> I hope you can help me, and I apologise if this is a trivial question.

Do you reference the netCDF library when linking POM2K?  How do you
reference it?

Does the library contain the netCDF Fortran-77 interface
(the symbols should start with the prefix "nf_")?  If it does, then the
problem is probably an incompatibility between the POM2K compiler and
the C compiler used to build the netCDF Fortran-77 interface.  What
compiler are you using for POM2K?  What C compiler did you use for the
netCDF library?

Did the netCDF build pass the "make test"?  Was the Fortran-77 interface
tested ("make test" in the "fortran" subdirectory)?

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Kieran O'Driscoll
> Dept. of Marine Sciences
> University of Southern Mississippi