Re: 'read data'

>To: address@hidden
>From: alberto mavume <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20021113:  'read data'

Hi Alberto,

>  I have downloaded a file with sea level data from
> http://oceanesip.jpl.nasa.gov/sealevel/
> I have MATLAB 6.1 and I have alread installed both
> netcdf and mexcdf. The sea level data comes with
> extesion nc wich means netcdf format. When I try to
> use the suggested web read file: read_ssh then an
> error message as it follows:
> >> read_ssh
> ??? Undefined function or variable 'inqnc'.
>
> Error in ==> C:\matlabR12\opa\ssh_prog\read_ssh.m
> On line 17  ==> inqnc('ssh10d19921006')
> -----------------------------
> How can I solve this problem? I am not familiar with
> the function 'inqnc' and from the help menu also there
> is no an indication? Is that something else I need to
> Install?

read_ssh and inqnc are not part of the netCDF library.

This looks like a problem in mexcdf, the MATLAB interface to netCDF,
for which you will need to consult the authors of mexcdf.  You might
also try "WetCDF" from:

  http://woodshole.er.usgs.gov/staffpages/cdenham/public_html/MexCDF/wetcdf.html

--Russ