Re: Thinks for your help

>To: address@hidden
>From: "jifengying" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20021109: Thinks for your help

Ji,

> For the task is  emergent and I have not the very compile software,Can you
> tell me the straight way to read a data file in netcdf , just like to read it
> in ASCII

I'm sorry you have an emergency, but netCDF is a binary data format,
so the data can't be read like ASCII.  You can use the "ncdump"
program, which is part of the netCDF package, to convert netCDF data
to an ASCII form.  If you are having trouble compiling and building
netCDF, you can get the ncdump program already compiled for Windows
from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.5.0.win32bin.ZIP

and use it to convert netCDF data to ASCII.

--Russ