Re: (No Subject)

Hi,

>      How are you,I am trying to install netCDF(version 3.4) on my PC
> with Redhat Linux 7.1,the gcc,g++ and pgf90 are all working well,but
> the 'make' is failed although I have used the appended cfortran.h and
> set environmental variables as the updated version of INSTALL
> file.Please check the files
> (cfortran.h,config.log,make.log,.bash_profile,.cshrc)I send to you and
> give me some suggestion on solving the problem.I am looking forward to
> your help.Thank you!

I don't think your .bash_profile or .cshrc was read before you ran the
"configure" script, because it looks like the CPPFLAGS environment
variable setting

  CPPFLAGS='-DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran'

wasn't used.  If it had been used, it would cause these flags to
appear when compiling, after invoking "make".  But the "make.log"
file you sent showed:

  make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/project/cmaq/hzw/tools/netCDF/netcdf-3.4/src/fortran'
  cc -c -O -I../libsrc  -DNDEBUG fort-attio.c

which doesn't have the "-DpgiFortran" macro defined.  If the CPPFLAGS
had been set and exported, the above line should have appeared as

  cc -c -O -I../libsrc  -DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran fort-attio.c

I'm not sure why the CPPFLAGS isn't getting set correctly, but maybe
export it manually in bash (or csh), along with the other environment
variables you need, before invoking the configure script:

  export CPPFLAGS='-DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran'
  rm config.cache
  make clean
  ./configure
  make

Also, if you are following the current INSTALL.html instructions at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL.html

you should be using netCDF version 3.5 instead of version 3.4, as
these settings may not have been tested with version 3.4.

Please let us know if this doesn't get you by the problem you are seeing.

--Russ