20020925: netCDF utilities

>From: Ian Baker <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden

Ian,

>Can you tell me how a colleague who does not have the ncdump utility
>might obtain it? Is it included in the standard netcdf download?

ncdump is a standard part of the netCDF package, both in source
form and in the platform-specific binary releases we make available
by anonymous FTP from our FTP server, ftp.unidata.ucar.edu.

Source:

pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z
pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.5.1-beta.tar.Z

Binaries:

pub/binary/...

>I have
>not been able to find this information on the 'new, improved' (sarcasm
>implied) unidata website.

ncdump use is described in the netCDF Users Manual:

Unidata HomePage
my.unidata.ucar.edu
  Software
  http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/software/index.php