20020909: NetCDF via ftp

>From: "Mathias Lundmark" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Software

Mathias,

>I try to get your NetCDF  via ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/
><ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/>
>software package but it only stands that the FTP-session is finished
>(see file).

The attached GIF (tm) file you sent is unreadable (text font size
is too small to read).

>What shall I do???

I just verified that there is no systematic problem with our FTP server
by successfully FTPing the latest netCDF distribution to a machine here
at the UPC and to a machine that is outside of the UCAR domain.

The typical reason that FTPs fail to our site is the lack of forward
and reverse name lookup for the machine that is attempting the FTP.
The second most common reason for an FTP failure is that the directory
to which the FTP is directed is not writable by the user doing the
FTP.  Lastly, our web site is undergoing a transition, so your FTP
failure may have been related to that.

I advise you to retry the FTP in the same way that you did before.
If you still have a failure, then I suggest that you try doing the FTP
directly (i.e., run 'ftp' to ftp.unidata.ucar.edu and cd to the
pub/netcdf directory) from a different machine (like a Unix box).

Please let us know if you continue to have problems.

>Mathias Lundmark
>Renewable Energy in Sweden AB (publ)
>Sallerupsv=E4gen 9
>S-212 18 Malm=F6, Sweden
>Phone: +46 40 38 85 50 Fax: +46 40 18 87 30
> <mailto:address@hidden> address@hidden
> <http://www.renewable.se/> www.renewable.se

Tom Yoksas