Re: 20020313: ncendef error

>To: address@hidden
>Subject: Re: 20020905: ncendef error

Hi Lak,

> I used to have this problem with my program
> crashing after a long time with a
> "Resource not available" error.
> It was fixed (I thought) when I made
> sure to delete all attributes as you
> suggested. It was okay, until we recently
> started to run the program on a machine
> with a heavily overloaded disk drive.

I can't remember my suggestion, but can I'll assume this is for the
C++ netCDF interface.

> Now, the program crashes immediately
> after starting with the same error.
> However, this doesn't
> happen on an inactive workstation,
> only when the disk drive is very active.
> What could be the problem?

I can't tell from your description.  Does the crash happen just after
a netCDF file is opened?  Or do you have to read something from the
file before the crash?  Is the "Resource not available" error coming
from an Exception or is this printed out by your program?

Just guessing, but it might be a problem trying to allocate more
memory than is available, perhaps because the swap space is all used
up by something else.  But I have no idea what is allocating the
memory; it could be another process ...

--Russ