20020808: netCDF with Intel Fortran Compiler

Nuzhet,

>Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 03:27:37 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Nuzhet Dalfes <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: netCDF with Intel Fortran Compiler

> I did what you told me to do. I was able to 'make',
> but when I tried to 'make test' it gave me a bunch of
> warnings/comments and it failed with some unresolved
> routines.
>
> [NOTE: Please send your reply to both this address and
> to address@hidden; our mail server is temporarily
> out!]
>
> There is the output of 'make test'
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/usr/local/netcdf/src/nf_test'
> /usr/local/intel/compiler60/ia32/bin/ifc -o nf_test
> test_get.o test_put.o nf_error.o nf_test.o test_read.o
> test_write.o util.o fortlib.o ../libsrc/libnetcdf.a
> -lm
> nf_test.o: In function `main':
> nf_test.o(.text+0x223): undefined reference to
> `getarg_'
> nf_test.o(.text+0x248): undefined reference to
> `iargc_'
> nf_test.o(.text+0x276): undefined reference to
> `getarg_'
> nf_test.o(.text+0xbcc): undefined reference to
> `getarg_'
> make[2]: *** [nf_test] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/local/netcdf/src/nf_test'
> make[1]: *** [subdir_target] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/netcdf/src'
> make: *** [nf_test/test] Error 2

The missing routines above are the standard way for a Fortran Unix program
to obtain the command-line arguments.  It is possible that the Ifc
Fortran compiler has a compatability library that contains these
routines.  You will have to find it.

If you find the Fortran library that contains these routines, then you
should try to reconfigure the netCDF package with the necessary reference to
the library in the FLIBS environment variable.  For example:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 described near the end of the file
    INSTALL.html.

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable FLIBS contains a reference
    to the relevant library, e.g.

        setenv FLIBS '-L/usr/local/ifc/lib -lcompat'

    or

        export FLIBS='-L/usr/local/ifc/lib -lcompat'

    depending on your user shell.

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 described near the end of the file
    INSTALL.html.

I wish I could tell you where to look for those routines, be we don't
have access to such a system.

You might try asking the netCDF mailing-list.

Regards,