Re: 20020621: Other Builds of the netCDF Package

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Rich Beeler" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Other Builds of the netCDF Package

Hi Rich,

> The page below contained some very useful information that helped in
> getting my Linux Portland Group pgf90 to work correctly - environment
> variable setup.  I found this through a search under the support area,
> but wasn't able to find it through the netcdf web page - if there is a
> link on your pages I wasn't able to find it.  I'd suggest that it be
> linked under Installation Instructions - although Unidata doesn't
> directly support these ports the info was important to my Labs
> installation and it was difficult to find.
>

> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html

Thanks for letting us know this was hard to find.  There is a way to
get there from the home page, but it's not as clear as it should be:

NetCDF home page ->
  Installation instructions ->
    section on "Tested Systems"

where the following paragraph appears:

  If you don't find your environment listed here, then try
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html for
  reports of successful builds of this package in environments to
  which we had no access.

Also there is a way to get there from the Frequently Asked Questions
document, in the reply to the question "What does netCDF run on?":

  Additionally, here is a Web page of reports of successful
  builds in other environments that we did not or could not try.

As the result of your recommendation,
I've added another more direct link to this document from the "Known
Problems with the netCDF 3.5.0 Distribution" page at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/known_problems.html

--Russ