Re: 20020612: ncgen Error -- libc.2 not found

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Kuang-Shen Hsu" <address@hidden>
>Subject: ncgen Error -- libc.2 not found

Hi,

> I tried to run ncgen from HP UNIX machine and get the following error:
>
> [clifford]$ncgen TEX.cdl
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library: /usr/lib/libc.2
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
> Abort(coredump)
>
> The following are the contents in the lib directory:
>
> [clifford]$pwd
> /fs/local/netcdf-3.5.0/HP/lib
> [clifford]$ls
> libnetcdf.a      libnetcdf_c++.a
>
> Please can you tell me where I can get a copy of the libc.2  library.

libc.2 is not a netCDF library, but a shared C runtime library that
should be installed and found by default on your HP system.  Try
running the command:

  % ldd `which ncgen`

to see where the shared libraries are being found for ncgen on your
system.  For example, when I build ncgen as a 64-bit executable on an
HP system, I get:

  % ldd ncgen
        libc.2 =>       /usr/lib/pa20_64/libc.2
        libdl.1 =>      /usr/lib/pa20_64/libdl.1
        /opt/graphics/OpenGL/lib/pa20_64/libogltls.sl =>
/opt/graphics/OpenGL/lib/pa20_64/libogltls.sl

which shows that libc.2 is found in /usr/lib/pa20_64/.  ldd only works
on 64-bit executables, so if ncgen is built as a 32-bit executable,
I don't know how to find where it expects shared libraries to be.

--Russ