20020529: netCDF build on Linux using pgf90

Francois,

> To: address@hidden
> From: Francois Vandenberghe <address@hidden>
> Subject: PGF90 linker

> I have a problem building the netcdf 3.5 library with linux pgf90
> compiler. The "./configure", "make" and "make install" work fine but the
> "make test" produce the following listing. It seems that the library
> in libsrc is not built or incomplete. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Francois

We successfully built the netCDF package on an in-house Linux system
using the pgf90 compiler. The environment variable settings we used were

    CC=/usr/bin/gcc
    CPPFLAGS='-DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran'
    CFLAGS=-O
    FC=/opt/pgi/linux86/bin/pgf90
    FFLAGS="-O -w"
    CXX=/usr/bin/g++

This is documented on the "other builds" page of the netCDF web pages,
which you may find at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html#pgf90-linux

Please try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 4 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.html.

    3.  Set your environment variables using the above as a guide. In
        particular, ensure that the variable CPPFLAGS contains the
        string -DpgiFortran.

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.html.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,