20020516: netcdf on UNICOS: Fortran-90 8-byte integers

Verena,

>Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 16:25:36 +0200
>From: Verena Cals <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20020515: netcdf on UNICOS: Fortran-90 8-byte integers

> Steve,
>
> I have integrate the missing things in src/f90/netcdf_overloads.f90,
> netcdf_expanded.f90, netcdf.f90 and netcdf_attribute.f90. Now compiling
> with make is successfull but I don't understand the error executing make
> test.

> Making `test' in directory /usr_FZJ/jicg11/jicg1113/netcdf-3.5.0/src/f90
>
>         /opt/ctl/bin/f90 -o netcdf_test   netcdf_test.f90 netcdf.o
> typeSizes.o ../libsrc/libnetcdf.a
>  ldr-290 f90: CAUTION
>      Duplicate entry point 'NF90_STRERROR_in_NETCDF' was encountered.
>      Entry in module 'NF90_STRERROR_in_NETCDF' from file 'netcdf.o' has
> been
>      used.
>      Entry in module 'NF90_STRERROR_in_NETCDF' from file
>      '../libsrc/libnetcdf.a' has been ignored.

The above warning results from the linker finding the routine
NF90_STRERROR_in_NETCDF in both netcdf.o and ../libsrc/libnetcdf.a.
This warning (and similar ones) may be safely ignored.

>  Not a netCDF data type or _FillValue type mismatch
>  Not a netCDF data type or _FillValue type mismatch
>  Not a netCDF data type or _FillValue type mismatch

These error messages apparently result from problems with the
test program netcdf_test.f90, rather than from problems with
the library. Russ Rew, who knows more about this 8-byte integer
problem than I, has a good explanation (and workaround) at
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/netcdf/4454>.

The important thing is for the Fortran-90 interface that you built
to handle all the primitive types that you'll use.  If it does, then you
should be OK to do the "make install".

Regards,