Re: problem using build script on Sun

> Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:18:43 -0400 (13:18 MDT)
> From: David Morrish <address@hidden>
> To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
> Subject: problem using build script on Sun

Hi David,

> I am tring to build gmt on a Sun under Solaris 2.8 using the compilers
> in Sun Forte Development package. I have attached the
> output from the script. It appears that netcdf.h is not bein created.

This looks like a GMT question rather than a netCDF question, but is
it possible that you've just neglected to build and install netCDF
before trying to build GMT?  I know GMT depends on netCDF, but I don't
know whether a version of netCDF is included with the GMT
distribution.  You should be able to find out by referring to the GMT
installation instructions.

If it turns out you need to get and install netCDF first, grab

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z

and follow the installation instructions at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL.html

--Russ